AH!! Karumba


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Karumba
May 23rd 2012
Published: May 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well we have made it to the Gulf of Carpentaria, not actually planned for today but we decided to push on and get here a day earlier, We are all spent!!!( We travelled around 510 ks today ) Not a great nights sleep last night, we slept between road trains wizzing by, the free camp was close to the road,as they say you get what you pay for. We stopped in Cloncurry to top up on fuel,then headed off for Burke and Wills roadhouse, a tiny Oasis in the middle of nowhere, we stopped in there and all had steak sandwhiches for lunch then headed for the Gulf, Our car copped two stone chips one has now turned into a rather large crack, we only replaced the windscreen about 4 weeks ago, so not happy!!! We arrived in Normanton around 2.30pm, took some photos at the big croc statue, It's a replica of a 28ft croc actually caught by a women. We left there and drove further north to Karumba where we are booked in for a few nights, it's quite warm up here, have our air cons on and millions of bugs have invaded our vans, forgot how bad they are up here especially at night around the lights. Nothing much has changed here in the 14 years since Jim and I were last here,we are staying in the same Van park, really nice and friendly hosts, they have a big screen up for the state of origin tonight, no TV reception here. Jim,Alan ,Wayne and Gaile have gone over to watch it. Not much mobile service all day either when we did stop, we had a message from Erins Mum and Dad ( Dave and Deb ) to say they will be in Gregory Downs around 30th May which is close to Lawn Hill, so we are hoping to spend a bit of time with them in a few days. Well must retire for the night and see what tomorrow brings, Oh and we had Barra salad and Aldi potato bake for dinner tonght Yum!!!.

Advertisement



24th May 2012

THERE YOU ARE!!
Hi there you guys - so nice to get your blog and to hear all is well. Hope all the vehicles are performing as expected and the bugs are not biting ones. All is fine here, the weather continues to shine during the day, although nights are getting a little chilly and we will have our first fire of the season tonight. Love to all, Travel safe, Barbara and Ray XX

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb