Ingham Chicken & Pigeon Party


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Ingham
October 2nd 2010
Published: October 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 2nd October 2010 - Ingham

To celebrate leaving Ingham we decided to party with some friends and a pigeon. Dan made some sausage rolls however Prue's dodgy oven wouldnt work so we had to carry them down the road to another friend's house to cook them, they were delicious thank you honey. The stupid iPhone woke us up an hour early thanks to daylight saving and we were on our way to Cairns where Kuta dropped us off at the Airport and promised to take good care of the Prado.

We entered the Cairns International Airport for our flight to Darwin - it was a connecting flight for people travelling to Singapore. We had no idea what to expect inside the international airport and passports came in and out of our bags a thousand times (all for no reason). We finally made it through the gates and into the lounge area of the airport. We looked at the duty free shopping however resisted the urge to buy anything so early into the trip. We managed to board the plane, reverse out of the bay and wait for an hour as there were some "technical" glitches to the plane. A great start to our honeymoon... Finally, an hour later than expected, we were in the sky wondering whether we were going to get to see any of the grand final. We landed safely in Darwin where the heat hit us. We exited the tiny airport and jumped into the taxi. The Phillipino taxi driver started telling us about marijuana in the Phillipines and that it was called "five fingers" by the locals so they couldn't get in trouble for asking to buy the drugs. We eventually made it to our hotel for the night and saw almost all of the footy - go the DRAGONS!

After the footy, we ventured out for a stroll in the heat and down to Mindil Beach markets. Mindil Beach faces west so we got to see the sunset over the water. The markets were pretty cool and there was a weird fire throwing dude there who incorporated Dorothy the Dinosaur into his show.

Monday morning saw a late start to the day as we were taking advantage of the air conditioning in our room. We were walking along the esplanade when we got a call from Megsy advising us that she had checked our mail and there was a letter for Chris from the Firies. She opened it up and read it to us over the phone...

Needless to say I wasted no time resigning - Here we come Bowen!

Anyway, off to Vietnam this afternoon for three weeks. We booked our return tickets today - arrive back in Darwin on 22nd October at 5am!




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



4th October 2010

miss you!!!
hey you 2 lovebirds!!! dd im so sorry i didnt call you back lucas had a massive hit to the coffee table!! anyway, hope you both have a fabulous time how i miss you already...i promise we will not leave it so long between visits if anything coming up there was the best thing i have done in a long time how i have missed you!! big congrats chris (slap yourself on the back for me please.......right now.......thank you). looking forward to the blogs and adventures you 2 are sure to have xoxoxoxox
5th October 2010

well done chris
So good to see you both off for your wonderful honeymoon!!! Watching the sun set over the water is pretty amazing hey! Well, well, Chris.....now that you're a firie, what is your wondrful wife going to do in Bowen???? Have babies???? Congrats Son!! You have achieved your child hood dream. Sooooo happy for you. Enjoy your special time away together. Talk soon. Love Ma
6th October 2010

Chriso Legend!
Mate youre in! congratulations bro - Have fun in vietnam,theres a steelers jersey waitin for you when you come to brisso for your training!! say gday to mrs neden
6th October 2010

Congrats!!!
Congrats on the new appointment Chris, hope your trip is awesome!

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0667s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb