Hervey Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Hervey Bay
August 16th 2010
Published: September 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We were spoilt for the week with home cooked food, hot showers and choccy bikkies. Laura was mostly babysitting the two little boys (Ben 1yr and Alex 3yrs) and Stuart got to have a work out in the garden digging holes. Stuart also got some advice on how to become rich so watch this space… Before leaving Hervey Bay we splashed out on a whale tour (get it?) as whale season was in full swing with hundreds of whales migrating from the Antarctic to the warmer seas of the east coast and stopping to play in Hervey Bay. And we weren’t disappointed! We lost count of the number of whales we saw as so many were coming close to the boat and seemed to be as interested in us as we were in them. They were huge. Shame Laura got seasick halfway through and had to sit concentrating on not being sick but the first part she loved!

The next morning we got an early bus to Rainbow Beach from where we will be visiting Fraser Island. After a cold cloudy day we were left wondering why we’d left England in the summer to be in the Australian winter?? We are hoping for warmer weather as we will be back in a tent for a couple of nights on the Fraser Island trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb