Leaving Burrum Heads


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Hervey Bay
October 1st 2009
Published: September 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


How awful to see on TV the terrible pictures coming from the Samoan earthquake and tsunami. We feel so much for those who have lost loved ones.

We have had two restful days at pretty Burrum Heads. We always enjoy our little stays here. We've stayed when all the campers are the retirees who have been coming for years to spend the winter months here, gradually 'working' their way to the front riverside sites. They all know each other and share recipes, patterns and fishing spots.

Last year and this, we've arrived when it's school holidays and the grey nomads are replaced by young families. This is the time we really love being here. There isn't all that much to do and nothing laid on in the way of entertainment. Instead, all the children become friends and spend time together, playing on the sand, fishing, riding bikes and skateboards. Some parents came as children and have continued coming each year so great friendships have been formed. Everyone seems to fish and, when not sitting chatting or walking along the riverfront, they are lined along the riverbank with fishing rods or in their tinnies in deeper water.

Happy hour
burrum heads burrum heads burrum heads

There are quite big tides here, the sand being very wide at low tide and almost to the top of the bank when it's high. This is the mouth of the Burrum River, the main surfing beach is around to the corner, to the right.
has everyone sitting to watch the sunset or strolling along the riverfront path or watching the fishermen cleaning their catch. We've always been included and it's interesting to have young children come and chat. What a great carefree holiday they have here.

Today we'll have a look at Hervey Bay and then press on to Noosa. We are staying once more at Tewantin just out of Noosa for four nights ... love Noosa!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATHEW, HOPE YOU'RE HAVING A GREAT TIME!








Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

looking down the riverlooking down the river
looking down the river

You can see a few caravans at the left of the photo


Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0777s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb