Hervey Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Hervey Bay
March 12th 2009
Published: May 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

WalkWalkWalk

Taking a stroll around Noosa Heads.
Thursday March 12 2009, Hillary and I checked out of the Noosa Heads YHA, and looked around the town a bit. We had some time to kill before making our way to the Greyhound bus, so we took a little walk. A couple hours gone, we were all set up and ready for the bus ride to Hervey Bay!

It was a pretty lengthy ride, but after about 5 some odd hours, we made it to Hervey Bay. The town actually doesn’t have one main centre, but is dispersed into several little town centres. It keeps it from building up, but makes it difficult for one-stop shopping and sight seeing. We checked into the YHA, and made our way to the local Woolworths for some groceries. Australia seems to have two major food chains, Woolworths and Coles; Woolworths being the slightly more upscale of the two. A third chain would be Foodworks, but their usually very small, independently owned and very expensive. It rained on our walk back, but thanks to our Christmas rain jackets we made sure to keep dry!

Friday was a quiet day. We researched tours for Fraser Island, and made use of some McDonalds internet
BeachBeachBeach

The beach was a little more accessible than it had been with the wild weather.
to try and catch up with our friends and families. We did however made a new friend in a gentleman named Keith. He is from the United Kingdom, and was traveling along the east coast of Australia while his wife caught up with from friends back in Sydney. We had a good time together; shared stories about our travels so far and what kinds of things we were looking forward to on our trip. Friday ended quietly, but Saturday was going to be a big day.

Kevin (and Hillary)


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Walk - 2Walk - 2
Walk - 2

A very hilly town.
National ParkNational Park
National Park

Proof we did get to the park, but we didn't have time to tour the whole thing.
RocksRocks
Rocks

Water constantly washing up on and draining off rocks.
Bus StopBus Stop
Bus Stop

Pretty decent scenery while waiting at the stop.
McDonaldsMcDonalds
McDonalds

Lots of outdoor sitting in Australia with the warm weather. I got to see some birds next to me fight over a stale piece of bread, and no one was really getting anything from it because it was so hard. lol
HostelHostel
Hostel

The front entrance.
YHA RoomYHA Room
YHA Room

Small rooms keep people outside socializing.
Hostel - 2Hostel - 2
Hostel - 2

The hostel had a nice quiet atmosphere.
PoolPool
Pool

Pool and common areas.
Hostel - 3Hostel - 3
Hostel - 3

Inside the common area.
SunsetSunset
Sunset

A nice sunset on our first night in Hervey Bay.


Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0826s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb