Lovely Hervey bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Hervey Bay
December 19th 2007
Published: January 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

It was a pretty long way down to Hervey Bay so we broke the journey up by staying the night near Rockhampton on a nice little campsite where we were the only tent and had a entire field to choose from so of course we chose on top of an ants nest- doh!


The following day we made the remaining 5 hour journey down to Hervey Bay and the clouds seemed to be getting darker and darker the further we went. Somehow when we arrived at the campsite the sun came out and the clouds seemed to disappear. Got the tent up in record time- about 15 minutes and went to explore the town. We ended up chilling on Torquay beach for a few hours before heading back for another bbq.

The next day we decided to go for a drive with the camera and stopped at lots of little beaches with hardly anyone on. The first one was really nice so we ended up staying on it for a few hours and did some snorkelling, luckily no jelly fish here, well not deadly ones anyway. We then decided to treat ourselves for lunch and had our first Aussie fish and chips- very nice I must say! We then went for a nice drive around, there are some gorgeous houses here so we drooled over them. The next day we were heading down to the Gold Coast to stay with my family so we/well more Gra got the car all sorted and everything packed away, before going for a swim in the very nice campsite pool.

The following morning we were up early again and set off south again for another 5 hour driveā€¦..




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0591s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb