Great Barrier Reef - OMG


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Great Barrier Reef
October 7th 2012
Published: October 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

NemoNemoNemo

Where is my friend Nemo?????
Well up early this morning as we had scheduled ourselves on a boat to see the Great Barrier Reef. I had also arranged to hire an underwater camera to capture some of the sights of the reef.

We made sure we chose a company that only had limited passengers ie no more than 30 passengers as some boats have hundreds of passengers and I mean 100s. So we chose a company called Wavelength they are a family business and also on board is a marine biologist which helps when you have questions.

So on the boat we hop and are duly given a wet suit, snorkel, mask and fins and off to the first site we go. They ask you to wear wet suits as then your suncream does not damage the reef - see good company or what!

OMG is all I can say the colours of the coral is amazing and the colours of the fish are fantastic. So after an hour snorkeling and it went so quick on the boat we hop and off to the next site we go. Again the coral was so beautiful - taking photos was an art as you are looking through your mask with the waves bumping you up and down and you are trying to take a picture of a moving fish - so not sure my pictures do the fish and the sites we went to justice but hey ho they are great from my perspective and will always jog memories. After a really nice lunch which is a mean feat for 30 people on a boat and off to the next site called Sno - the fantastic colours go on and on and the fish are so vibrant. Unfortunately I never saw nemo (clown fish) as it appears after the film all the children wanted one and everyone came to the barrier reef and pinched them so not good!

We are off on our travels tomorrow to Townsville and then on the ferry to Magnetic Island. This will be our first trip on the Greyhound Bus so wish us luck - to be honest I have heard they are really good and nothing can be as bad as some of the buses we travelled on in Vietnam!

Hope everyone is ok out there also hope you like some of my piccs of the Great Barrier Reef as it is GREAT!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.365s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.1241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb