The Great Barrier Reef - By Grace


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Great Barrier Reef
September 15th 2011
Published: September 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

On the 15th we took a ferry to the Great Barrier Reef. It took a long time to get to the reef because on the way we had to go via the Witsundays and pick up extra people from Hamilton Island. It took around 3 hours to get there. Lots of people got sick on the boat because it was soooo rocky I didn't though-we took travel sickness tablets.

When we got there we arrived at a pontoon. It had a waterside that actually landed in the sea! First we went in the submarine. You could see all the coral and fish through the windows. Once we got out of the sub we had to get changed to go swimming in the reef. We had to wear a stinger suit to protect us from the jellyfish. The colours were all bright and we looked weird. We also had to put on a wetsuit because it was cold. Then we had to get our flippers snorkel and life jacket. Once we had all that we needed were about to get in the water but a photographer wanted to get lots of photos of us. Once all the photos were taken we were free to get in the water. It was amazing. In the water there lots of different species of fish and coral. They ranged in different colours and sizes. It took a while to get used to the snorkelling as it was rough. Mum took Will out of the water after awhile because he kept getting water in the snorkel but Dad and I stayed out there for a long time. it was awesome. We also went in a submarine and could see all the coral and fish under water.

We took more tablets for the trip back and this was even more bumpy. We got off at Hamilton Island and had a quick look before out next ferry came. It was a really long day but awesome.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb