Great Barrier Reef & Croc Farm


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Great Barrier Reef
January 13th 2008
Published: January 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We did three dives on the Barrier Reef and though there seemed to be less fish here than in thailand the coral etc was different and really pretty.

There were some really cool coral caves to navigate through which was amzing - as you swam through you could look up and see the light streaming through the rock face - very nice!

Saw a reef shark but only a baby (though Justin will probably tell you it was 12 metres long) and various other marine life but generally the coral was the most impressive....


Went to Johnstones Crocodile farm the next day and managed to get there at 11am - feeding time! Basically some Aussie nutter (ironically called Steve) goes into the enclosures bangs on the sides of the pond where you would have NO idea that there is a bloody huge croc having a snooze! Got to say it scared the s#*t out of me when the 5 metre fella jumped out of the water to grab his piece of chicken! Really impressive show and must say I will be appraching the water's edge with caution from now on!
x


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Jo in her smurf outfit!Jo in her smurf outfit!
Jo in her smurf outfit!

No, my skin hasnt turned blue - this is a stinger suit!
Bloody Big Croc!Bloody Big Croc!
Bloody Big Croc!

This fella must have been over 5 metres long!
SignSign
Sign

Fills you with confidence, eh?!


Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0752s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb