Radio silence


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast » Surfers Paradise
September 14th 2013
Published: September 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Oops, another long time with no blog.. Sorry!! I've been having too much fun with so much going on.

Where do I start? Well I arrived at Lizzie and Tom's safely. Their flat is lovely. Was a bit hectic to begin with as all of Tom's family arrived that night too, was a house full! Was lovely to see them all though as they're a good laugh. Tried to stay out of the way though as I didn't want to intrude on family time. Spent the next couple of days chilling, visiting the beach and helping Lizzie with the last wedding bits. Her hen night was fun, met a lot of her friends who are awesome. Had a nice meal and then went to a seedy club! Didn't stay there too long though. Think we're all getting a bit old for such things...! The night before the wedding was nice and chilled with just me and Lizzie getting a takeaway and grabbing an early night.

The morning of the wedding was a bit crazy with people coming and going, hair and makeup to be done and champagne to be drunk! It was such a beautiful day. From beginning to end. The weather was perfect and Lizzie looked breathtakingly stunning. The reading Lizzie's mum did made everybody cry. The ceremony on the beach was followed by a reception at the surf club. Also awesome 😊 A truly amazing day. Congratulations Lizzie and Tom!!

Went to a bbq with Lizzie's family the next afternoon in the millionaires beach house that they have been renting. Was a total dream house!! The only problem was my bloody foot started playing up again. Became super swollen and painful again. Tom took me home early to take painkillers and start the emergency antibiotics. Lizzie is my nurse now.. I went to bed at about half 6 to keep it up, ended up falling asleep at 8pm... Woops. It's not as swollen now, but has started oozing again. Feel like chopping it off at the knee 😞

Met up with Nat and Kim in Surfers Paradise today. Went up the Q1 tower. 77 floors. Sat on the observation deck and watched humpback whales frolic in the sea. Magic. Then had dinner, sat outside and watched the weirdos in Surfers. It's like benidorm. Bloody awful. Chavvy girls and drunk guys everywhere. Horrible. Glad I'm staying in Miami where it's nice! Feel bad for Nat and Kim, they've been there for 5 nights.. Just got back to Lizzie and Tom's. They're out for a meal. Waiting for Lizzie to return to tend to my trotter. For now, more painkillers and the left over sweets from the wedding.

Love to all as ever.

Xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb