Long time no speak..


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast » Broadbeach
April 29th 2009
Published: April 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Oops, been a while since I updated on here.

I think the last time I wrote I was n the Gold Coast about to head down to Yamba... We spent a week down in the sleepy coastal town of Yamba, visiting the many beaches, walking lots and lots, eating fresh fish in all the fish restaurants, travelling over to Iluka on the ferry (sitting on the top deck with no suncream on - bad idea), drinking in the Yamba Golf Club... the sun finally came out for us on our first day there and we had an awesome few days chilling and playing in the waves.

After our week in Yamba, as fun as it was, we were ready for the 'buzz of the city' again and headed back up to the Gold Coast, not without stopping over in Ballina and Byron Bay on the way, seeing the most easterly point in Australia. We didn't see many of the resident hippies in Byron which I was very excited about just insane amounts of tourists though the parks and beaches were very pretty and the most exciting thing about Ballina was the GIGANTIC prawn welcoming you in - i don't know what it is about australia and their gigantic objects.

We've been back on the Coast about a week now and have been exploring the beaches, burleigh, talebudgera, surfers, the delights of surfers paradise, and shopping centre Pacific Fair, Mt tamborine (got some awesome pics of the views off the top), played putput (mini golf to the pommies out there) 2 of the infamous theme parks on the gold coast Dreamworld and Wet n Wild.. pretty exciting all in all.

Beginning of next week we're off to Adelaide to hang out with Patrick, Alison, Clare and Freya for 3 days and then travelling up the centre of Aus for 14 days stopping over in Coober Pedy, Uluru, Alice Springs, Katherine, Kakadu etc etc till we get to Darwin where we will stay for a few days and try not to get stung by jelly fish.... after Darwin were probs (money allowing) going to head up to the Barrier Reef and Frasier Isand then maybe back to Sydney before our time in Aus runs out and we head for Asia. But of course, plans change so we could be doing anything for the next 6 weeks that we have in Aus :D

Hope all is well at home and congrats eddy on your awesome race!!

Lots of Love
Polly xxxxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb