Coasting along with eccentric bus drivers & non stop sweating!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
November 25th 2015
Published: November 25th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Us again,

Following on from feedback our previous blog, Derek here again to keep the fans happy! (Emma supervising).

New Zealand finished with a bang as our last night in Queenstown a new roomie (middle aged Brazilian man) decided to climb in the top bunk with Emma! I was in the other top bunk watching and laughing uncontrollably. He had been on the booze for a solid 12 hours so the fact he found the room was an achievement in my eyes, just got the bed wrong! Emma swiftly informed him "NO mate, this is not your bed."

Next stop was Sydney and a visit to the ever welcoming Penrith Posse. It was BBQ with the Posse and Ron cooked a magic steak & we met Nalah for first time as well as catching up with everyone else. Woke up early to find all the sports channels and the Ireland match on. Go on Johnny Walters! Fed, watered, 2 serious bags of washing & a good time later, we were on our way again.

We then got an overnight bus to Byron Bay. Very relaxing town, some might say a little too relaxing but more on that shortly. Easy day to recover from the bus journey. Next day was a trip to Nimbin. A hippy town about an hour from Byron Bay. If you want to feel/see how chilling is really done, go to Nimbin!

Bus to Surfers Paradise followed. As we got to Surfers we realised it was the 1st night of "Schoolies". Schoolies is a rather large gathering of 17-18 year olds who have just finished school and are ready to party. Having been informed by Nina that I would be a "Toolie"* if I got involved in the partying, we decided to observe than take part. Controlled chaos was going on around us, plenty of shouting, boozing & all round mentalness! Good on them I say. Surfers was very good overall.

*Toolie - an older member of society still thinking they can get away with going to Schoolies to party.

Next morning, after a short run to the bus station as we were running a tad late, the bus journey was a little tense, we were on our way to Noosa via Brisbane. 2 hours to kill in Brisbane - it was Vapiano for lunch - yum! Back on the bus, with the driver who had the weirdest hair ever, boot polish job and a middle split, as weird as it sounds. Once we arrived in Noosa, I dragged Emma against her will to the beach for the last 17 minutes of sun. We stayed in Halse Lodge, very nice, very old, refurbished Queenslander house.

The following day we were off to Australia Zoo. What a great place. So much to see, very informative & the shows were awesome. Got to see some crocs being fed, giving the trainer a chase, Crocs Rule! It was Koala picture time next. I was being a gentleman and let Emma hold the Koala, I wasn't afraid of it or anything....

Before we departed Noosa for Rainbow Beach & Fraser Island, we went on a coastal walk. Very nice walk along, you guessed it, the coast. Some spectacular views and easy trek to get around, even if Emma wanted to stop every 10 mins because "I'm too warm Derek"!

It was bus time again, the driver can only be described as a dictator. "Nothing tied to your bags, no fruit, no drinks, no fun & no smiling". We stop in Rainbow Beach for 2 nights before going to Fraser Island tomorrow. Managed to get myself a haircut, goes great with the Peter Pan (tan) I've got!

Until next time,

Muller & Toolie


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb