Fraser Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
March 6th 2012
Published: March 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

G'day my little suks hows it going? 😊

So we stayed in Rainbow beach the day before we went to the infamous Fraser Island. We woke up fairly early that morning and loaded our plates with pancakes to fill us up before packing up the tents and food crates with our guide and 8 germans and a lonely crazy excited french bloke who we were to spend the next 3 days in very close quaters !

chlo and i looked at each other with slightly worried faces as they were speaking all in german and thought this will be interesting to sy the least! but they turned out to be fine at english and dabbled between the languages to tell us what they were laughing at so all was ok.

Day 1 we headed out in the baking sun to Fraser island to Lake Mckenzie which is propably one of the most beautiful places on earth...joanna had givem me a challenge and i was more than determined to acccpet it!: swimming accross the whole of lake mackenzie was the best the water was pure rain water it was crystal clear at the beach and then as you hit the middle it goes 12meters down for about 2 miles maybe... so challenge accepted and i swam it! it was lovley the best swim ive ever had, nice and cold and calm. Swimming accross it (12 meters below me) slap bang in the middle i lifted my head up and saw a spike coming out of the water, at first i stayed calm as we'd been told that theres nothing in the lake that would come close to us as its just rain water, but this spike began to freak me out, as i swam closer to it a thought ran through my mind what if it is a fin of some sort and i am face on so i can only see a spike so my heart rate immedialty went to about 200 bpm and i stood treading water think oooohhh god this is it! i tried to slow my heart rate down because sharks can sense fear so i swam past it and it was just a spike! i have no idea what it was but it was the scareiest fricken spike i ever seen hahah and my closest encounter to a great white shark ha! spike: 1 annabel: 0.

Over the next two days we were bitten everywhere by the wonderful creature god put on this earth to do nothing but bite and suck human blood- the March flies, the dam things were relentless they were everywhere so chlo and i ate our scrambled eggs on bread knee deep in the sea as that was the only place they didnt come becasue they were scared of the birds , also dodging the blue bottle jelly fish things that if they wrap around you they give you a nasttttyyy sting. but ive had enough injuries for the time being so stayed well away from them! All in all Fraser Island was stunning saw some dingos which were hanging around our food so that added to excitement of potentially being killed by another dam animal in Australia, frankly im suprised i havent hurt my self more! ha

Off to Noosa now see ya later my little englishy friends x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb