Day 55


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
November 21st 2010
Published: November 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

After another 6am start we packed up camp and headed out in the cars across the beach to the shipwreck, which having had driven past it approx. 3 times we were finally able to stop at for a photo moment! Our next stop was the one we had been most excited about...the bakery!! One of the only shops on the island we enjoyed some delicious confectionary before the second most exciting stop...Lake Mackenzie! The beautiful white sand and clear blue water was a little dulled by the cloud and rain at first but luckily we persevered and the sun came out and we were able to enjoy the lake in all its glory! Our final stop was Lake Mackenzie's little brother according to Pete and it was equally as beautiful and so our car decided to make the most of the photo opportunity and we built a people pyramid in the shallow of the lake which may have taken several attempts to perfect! We headed back to the cars for the final time and continued along the bumpy tracks to the ferry where we left Fraser Island after an amazing 3 days! Very grateful of showers and our luxury 4-bed ensuite dorm we rejoined our group and had a mega BBQ by the beach before we all headed our separate ways!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0986s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb