Fraser Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
August 24th 2009
Published: September 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

On the barge to Fraser Island we sat up top and when we started to get a chill, we came down and played DS in the car. When we got to Fraser we drove to Central Station, where it is dingo safe. It was nice there with the dingo fence around the campground. We kept taking day trips out to a lot of different places with all bumpy roads. We are camping on the beach for the last 2 nights. We have been on most of the roads around the island. Saturday night we drove to Eli Creek to see the high tide and saw a DINGO, FOR OUR FIRST TIME! WOW! They do say that a dingo can be vicious, but he looked so cute. He was only a pup. He pounced and played like a dog, but was curious to have a look around our car and us. In the morning we watched the tide come in. It didn’t come in real high, but it came in a fair way. You could still drive along the beach with 2 cars side by side. Tomorrow is our last night, we will get off at Hook Point to Inskip Point on Rainbow Beach. How I said we had been to a lot of places, they are; the beach, Kingfisher Bay, Dundaburra, Dilli Village, Eurong, Lake McKenzie and Lake Allom. We have saved 3 cars, 2 off the side of the track and 1 was bogged. That night we made a grid for the cars, which was sand piled up along the beach from the water. One guy went flying across and we heard boom boom. Then the other 3 cars went around. Once they had all gone past, the first car came back and had a closer look because he thought it was turtle tracks. We caught the barge and drove off at Inskip Point and trying to get to the town of Rainbow Beach, Dad bogged the car. The car had made a loud noise, which was when the 4WD jumped out of traction. We had to be “snatched” out. The guy who trying to save us, got bogged in front of us. So his mate winched him out, and then he “snatched” us out.



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb