Fraser Island - Day 4


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
August 21st 2009
Published: September 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Drove to beach & checked emails at Eurong. Up past Eli Creek to Woralie Road to see Knifeblade Sandblow lookout then on to Lake Allom. We walked around the lake and then stopped at the steps to see the turtles. When Rod & I were on Fraser 15 years ago we only saw a few turtles. There must have been 40 or 50 that we could see. The kids tried standing in the water to see if they would come up to them, but the turtles were too scared of them and stayed about 1m away. We had a ball there, probably spent 2 hours walking around the walk and watching turtles - some up close and personal. Alex was asking if he could have a pet turtle when we get home, he had enjoyed himself that much.

Continued along the main inland road, back towards Happy Valley. Ever changing landscape, road & trees; from rainforest to pine trees, tea-trees to scrubby. Up to Eli Creek to see if much higher, but hardly any difference. Kept moving down to beat the tide before Eurong. Saw Kim (a mum from Balnarring Primary) going North to their camp site, but like us had to keep moving to make camp. Someone in the beach camp we chose, will check again tomorrow before we move the camper. Enjoyed a proper meal tonight with crumbed chicken, veggies and pasta. Everyone tired - early to bed; even with 3 camps of noisy backpackers.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb