Fraser Island - Day 3


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
August 20th 2009
Published: September 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Left camp and headed for Eurong and saw a big yellow tractor (the Caterpillar brand) on the road. When there was a pull-off at the side of the road he let us get past him. Along the beach and checked out the campsite at One Tree Rocks - still empty. We just can’t give up the toilets and showers yet! Along further to Cornwells Break Road and came across a stuck Suzuki on the track. The French guys we rescued the other day were helping to dig them out. Matthew & Victor are their names. They are both unit students, one in medicine and the other engeering. Suzuki gave up on the track and went back to the beach, we kept on and made sure the French guys got up. They were headed to Lake McKenzie like us and detoured past Lake Wabby lookout and the sandblow. Went for a swim in the cold water, but crystal clear. Laid on the beach to dry off while the kids played in the sand & water. At the exit from Lake McKenzie a backpacker 4WD was heading towards us, because they couldn’t get over the hill. Only problem was it was a one way road and 2 cars and 2 tour buses behind us. Headed towards Kingfisher Bay until we came across a Suzuki bogged in the middle of the track. 6 people were trying to dig them out. Rod drove around and used the snatch strap to get them out. Around the corner and another Suzuki bogged. Finally he backed up off the track and we, 2 cars & 3 tour buses got past. The tour bus was going to give the Suzuki a tow. Looked around Kingfisher, and had service on my Optus phone, so gave Mum a ring. Got stuck with oncoming buses and cars. Waited and showed a car just off the barge the way to Central Station for camping. The backpackers that came the wrong way up the road were opposite us at the camp. They came over to say they got through and will try to keep the noise down. After tea Rod & I went over to join them. They were mostly from Ireland and England. I chatted mainly to Louise & Rod to Carol. Louise took lots of photos and is supposedly going to “tag” me on facebook.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Lake Wabby LookoutLake Wabby Lookout
Lake Wabby Lookout

Yes, finally another family photo!!
A Tractor on Fraser IslandA Tractor on Fraser Island
A Tractor on Fraser Island

Not too many places to pass these vehicles


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb