Cool Dingo day 1


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
March 7th 2007
Published: March 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Fraser IslandFraser IslandFraser Island

Lake McKenzie
On day one of our tour, I walked down to the jetty (wharf in australian) and met up with the rest of the group who was coming over on the morning ferry from Hervey Bay. Can i just say that there are so many Germans in Australia... i felt like i was on a tour in Berlin, Munich, etc... All really nice people so far though, and oh yes, a lot of suiss travellers as well.
So once we were all accounted for, our ranger Greg took us to our monster 4WD bus, and we started to head out of the comforts of the resort into the sandy and rugged terrain of Fraser Island. Fraser is actually one gigantic sand dune, and so the "roads" are sand roads, and without heavy duty 4WD you would get stuck in the sand after 10 meters.
Our first stop of the day was Basin Lake, so we hopped in for a swim, laid on the beach, and marveled at nature. OUr lunch spot was the camping area at Central Station, which used to be an old logging camp and is nestled in the middle of the rainforest. After lunch we went on a interpretive walk through the rainforest before boarding our bus again to head to Lake McKenzie for another swim and splash around (that is Greg speak. Lake McKenzie is the 3rd largest lake (of about 100) on Fraser, and a blue water lake with an amazing white beach around it. We arrived back at the resort at around 5 pm. After a shower, and hanging out on the porch for a bit it was off to the Dingo Bar again for dinner and drinks.


until tomorrow SL

Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0969s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb