Brisbane to Fraser Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
March 6th 2007
Published: March 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone,

back to civilization and internet access. So here and on the following pages and account of the last couple of days.

After a nice evening in Brisbane and a bit of a walk around in downtwon in the morning to get some supplies i boarded the suncoast companie bus transport for the 4.5 hrs drive up the coast to Hervey Bay. By now, bus travel has become second nature, and i can sleep pretty much in any position anywhere, no matter what kind of noise is going on around me, and so inbetween reading, listening to the i-pod, looking out the window and catching a few zzz's, our bus arrived in Hervey Bay a few minutes before 4 pm, just in time for me to board the Kingfisher Resort Ferry to take me to the island. Kingfisher resort if a 4 star resort on Fraser, and aside from there luxury accomodations, they also offer a Cool Dingo Backpackers Tour, which is what i was signed-up for for the next three days. So, instead of staying at the main resort, the backpackers stay in a seperate part of the resort, in 5 bedroom lodges with four beds in each room, with kitchen, common room, balcony, and towels! So actually still quite luxurious for the backpacking crowd. Since my tour does not start until tomorrow, i was meeting a lot of people who were on the last day of their tour, and since this was an all meals included affair, i just joined them over at the Dingo Bar for our dinner. While munching away, i heard a "Steffi" scream, and who would have known...., two of the girls from the KiwiExperience, Mina from L.A. and Katie from Houston, were here for their last night. It is a small circle of travellers in these parts of the world, and since we had not seen eachother since Taupo in the North Island we had a lot of catching up to do. ....

tomorrow I am off to explore the island.

until then SL

Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0172s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1003kb