What a big pile of Sand!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
November 23rd 2006
Published: November 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well!!

After Noosa headed straight up to Hervey Bay and then onto Fraser island for a self drive tour of the largest sand island in the world!! Awsome.....met our group of 10 people check! meat check! tents check!! beer check!! all set to go - 3 days and 2 night camping with the dingos - it was gonna be great! And it was....with just a coupla hiccups! Well headed straight to lake McKensie whcik was AMAZING - crystal clear freshwater lake perfect for swimming and sunbathing and after a quick walk in the forest too we headed to set up camp!! Lots of food and beer later we all retired to bed at a fairly reasonable time..........as the sun rises at 5am and there's no blackout curtains in tents!!

Sop up nice and early and decisions to be made - north to Indian Head or south to eli creek??? Hmmmm well maybe the wriongh one and went south ..... stayed at the creek for a a bit too long and no one fancied driving in midday heat to Indian head (much to the disgust of one group member) so off for lunch and soon lost the group member who wanted to go fishing!! So 10 was down to 9...............oh well! So off to another lake and then to camp to set up for a big evening of drinking games including ozzie 21s and G'day Bruce!

Then the next day beack to lake Mckensie for a final swim and back to the ferry home (and yes i did drive off road!) HOwever when we parked the 4x4 on the ferry the driver forgot to out the car in gear (apparently handbrakes dont work) so the car rolled into the ute in frone - a mere 20 mins before the end of our trip - so we lost our bond!!! Damn it! Although it was only about 20 quid each so could've been worse!

Met some wicked people and had a thorougly good time!!

Whitsundays next!

Nicky
xxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0179s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb