1770(Agnes Water), Rockhampton and Emu Park...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Emu Park
June 8th 2012
Published: June 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hi there,

So since I last blogged, we have been quite busy. We arrived in 1770 and were literally jumped on as we got off the bus by these crazy people dressed as bananas. I wondered to myself how much money one would have to be on to do such a mad thing! They ofcourse wanted to entice us to stay at their "wild bananas" hostel. However we were booked into the backpackers and Tim, a man in his 60's was there to collect us. He explained in the spin back to the hostel that he doesn't "act like a flaming gala or run around looking for folks to stay" in his place. Oh this was gonna be an experience. I could just feel it. We arrived, checked in and went into our room. It was a 10 bed dorm, but only one canadian occupied the room. She was travelling alone. We went for the dinner that was included. Ha, this comprised of a burnt meat pattie (a burger) a sausage and a spoon of salad. It was hilarious. Needless to say we were full after that! ha.. Walking into town, everything is closed by 6pm. Its worse than Garryhill. Huge difference to where we have come from. We meet an Irish couple, Jervis and Leona who were in Fraser with us and buy some beers and just relax for the night.

Get up early the next day, but miss out on surfing, as we arent ready on time. Chill out on the beach for the whole morning- beautiful day. We do the scooteroo, which isn'rt as good as I thought it was gonna be and for 75 bucks, i was looking for something a bit special! Go for soem food and then just chill out.

We get the night bus to Rockhampton. its a 3 hour journey, but manage to get some rest. We check into the YHA there and when we wake in the morning, we realise how filthy and horrible the place is. Thankgod we can check out today. Go into the town and buy a few bits for whitsundays later next week.

At midday, we are collected by the Emu park hostel. Its a 40 minute drive, so not too bad. We arrive and think we are in heaven. Its beautiful villa style accomodation and its CLEAN!! We are sharing with a German girl, who doesn't talk at all! We go for a real aussie bbq later that night (Friday) and have a few drinks. Its a bowls tornament this weekend in Emu park, so finally we feel extremely young!! haha..

Up nice and early this morning. Its raining though, so plans to sit on the beach for the day with some nice magazines have gone out the window!! We are off to a real Rodeo tonight, can't wait!! It's gonna be the real outback experience with cowboys, proper stak and beer. The lot. Its gonna be some experience.

I will let you all know how it goes when I next check in with you guys.

Until next time.



Love lilly. x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb