WE'RE EMPLOYED!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Emu Park
May 19th 2010
Published: June 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi all!

Sorry we haven't been in contact with you lately. WE'VE LANDED JOBS!!!! Finally!

We both got a job at the Emu beach resort and backpackers! we help clean the communal facilities in the mornings and the rooms. Byron will start doing some odd jobs around the place like driving the grey hound bus that they are associated with and whatever else they need a hand with. i am just doing a couple of hours a day there working for my accommodation ... we are given a room the size of a double bed and that's about it (except this week they have us in one of the resort rooms with its own bathroom and a king size bed, its pretty fancy pants).
And then i got a job a Keppel Bay Marine and it was quite the find, I'm getting paid nearly $20/hour and time and a half on the weekends!!! woohoooo!! they also paid for my RSA (responsible server of alcohol) which is a certificate necessary in any bar/restaurant AND they are paying for my to take a coffee making course (barista) ... which will basically land me a job just about ANY where else!!! 😊 good things happen to those who wait 😊

other then that our internet stick doesnt get any reception where we are at the backpackers or in Emu Park at all so communication might be minimal... we're sorry but we'll do something about it soon, hopefully~!!!!!

Oh also, turns out im pretty AWESOME at fishing... who would have thought, we went out fishing on the neighbors boat with another English couple and I caught between 30-50... we lost track. i caught one that came past my hip when holding it up and i caught a Red Emperor that was 56 inches, they must be 45 to keep them and it was apparently THE fish of the day, everyone tells me that people will go years before they catch one (the guy who owns the backpackers resort has been trying to catch one for years and i would say he was a little jealous �nd it taste DELISH!!! yum yum yum!! so we caught our dinner for at least the next few weeks! and Claude the guy who took us out on his boat is ABSOLUTELY halirious!!! Also the backpackers hosts a BBQ every friday night and locals come and everyone enjoys the fish that is caught (i fed the bbq on friday, dont mind me im a little proud .... im finally good at something!)
So needless to say we're having a lot of fun, meeting GREAT new people and refilling our bank accounts 😊

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL!

MISS YOU ALL!!! more than you think!

PEACE LOVE AND PROSPER, byron & allie


Advertisement



28th June 2010

Sorry everyone I have only just realized that I only had this one saved from a few weeks ago and never actually put it up!

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0214s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1011.2kb