Gold Coast part II


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Currumbin
January 3rd 2008
Published: January 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

A few days after our trip we headed to Curumbin sanctuary in the hope that we might actually see a koala- surely not! The rain managed to hold off for the day and sanctuary was great with loads of cool animals. The highlights as you can see from the photos were definatly feeding the kangaroos and holding a koala (yes a real one i promise).

We were looking forward to seeing the much talked about fireworks display on New Years Eve, but unfortunalty due to the bad weather (yes, it really does rain on the gold coast) they had to be cancelled so instead we all headed to my cousin simons for a very nice evening of curry, wine and cocktails.

Our next car was booked for the 4th of jan so the last few days were spent with my family and packing everything up (and trying to catch up on blogs) as well as planning a new route! Due to the bad weather looking set to continue down the east coast (exactly where we were heading) we decided with some help from Jane and Chris that it might be best to head inland and change our route completely....... The new plan being heading over to Adalaide then working our way back to New South Wales through Melbourne and sydney when hopefully the weather will have improved.

On our second to last night Jane took us to the big Casino nearby to watch an acrobatic show which was very impresive- where two girls climbed up high on bits of ribbon then curled up and down it etc- you all must know what I'm talking about I just cant think what its called! The rest of the evening was spent on the equivalent of 1p slot machines while drinking $3 cocktails. It was a great evening, especially as we kept gra away from the roulette games so we still have money to carry on with our trip and i was asked to show id to prove i was over 18, brilliant!!! Now looking forward to Vegas!
The last evening was spent in Simons restaurant eating some very scrummy pizza and drinking a fair bit of wine.

Then up early on the 4th to get the train to Brisbane to collect the car, with all of our fingers and toes crossed it would be bigger than the getz!

We would just like to asy thanks to Chris and Jane for puting up with us for the 2 weeks and to Simon for supplying lots of pizzas and the surf lessons (not forgetting trying to drown me!)



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.1155s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb