Coolangatta and Surfers Paradise


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Coolangatta
February 1st 2011
Published: February 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 27th Jan- Took the bus to Coolangatta, now in the state of Queensland where they don't have day light saving so the time is an our earlier than in NSW. The hostel was more like a hotel or uni halls, was really nice with aircon etc. Took a walk along the seafront and around the headland before sitting on the beach and going for a swim. Walked back through the town before having dinner and an early night.

Friday 28th Jan- Had the morning in Coolangatta before getting the bus to Surfers Paradise. Natalie and Luke were on the bus and Katy and Beth were already in the hostel in Surfers. The hostel was like holiday apartments and the rest if Surfers was made up of highrise apartment buildings and hotels, can see why people call it the Benidorm of Austalia and had the tacky shops and bars to match. Had a night in at the hostel.

Saturday 29th Jan- 5 of us went to Wet n Wild water park for the day which was great fun, we were like kids running around going on all the water slides and rides. It was so much fun but we were were all so tired when we got back and had an early night.

Sunday 30th Jan- Had a walk around town before catching the bus to Brisbane where Terri met me at the bus station.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb