9 - 10 August 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Childers
August 10th 2012
Published: August 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

On Thursday morning we drove through Bundaberg and headed out through sugar cane country lobbing at the lovely town of Burnett Heads. We checked into a council run caravan park whose onsite caretakers would put some of the big business parks to shame. Well tended gardens, freshly mowed lawns and superb bathroom and laundry facilities had us pleased with our decision to stay. Our site overlooked the mouth of the Burnett River and with not a cloud in the sky we could not have asked for a better day.

Later in the evening we put the task of cooking tea in the 'too hard basket' and hit the local fish and chip shop to test some of the local cuisine. The burgers they served up were a sensation and the shop even had a quality array of second hand DVDs to choose from and we added a few to our collection.

Friday morning saw us head back into Bundaberg for a browse around town. Unfortunately the Bundaberg Distillery Tour would prove a bit pricey and I know one big fan back home who would be disappointed that we didn't introduce ourselves to the Bundy Bear. Not all was lost as we then headed to Sizzler for lunch. With the famous cheesy bread and the all you can eat salad bar on the menu it was like 1993 all over again.

From there we headed into Childers where we walked about the main street before Rachel needed to get online for a meeting. Once the day was dusted we found a nice free camp just out of town and after over-indulging at lunch this saved us the trouble worrying about cooking for the second night running.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.266s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.218s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb