Fletcher Creek Campsite


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Charters Towers
August 26th 2010
Published: September 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

The start of our second leg. The landscape is really starting to change. The soil is getting red, the land is flattening out and the trees are thinning out.

We filled up the van’s water tanks at charters towers and headed out to Fletcher Creek Campsite which is about 30 kilometers out of town. A really nice site, open paddocks and near the river. There were cows in the paddocks but none came near our area.

Meet a lovely family that are doing a similar trip to us. Emerson finally had some kids to play with. We hardly saw him for two days. One of the days we had morning tea together and the girls baked cinnamon scrolls in the camp oven. They turned out a treat!

So if there was one appliance that I miss it’s the washing machine. I tried to wash the kids and the clothes at the same time in the van shower, they didn’t like it too much. So I went into town and bought a hand washer. If I could find the room in the caravan I would get a little twin tub. But as we are going through our water quickly, maybe it’s better to do it by hand.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1116s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb