The amazing Campervan trip


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cape Tribulation
November 4th 2011
Published: November 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 49, 30/10/11
I need a job...so today I spent the morning job hunting; popping in and out of loads of cafes, coffee shops, restaurants and even Subway hoping for a job. Got rid of a fair few CV's and even searched online and applied for a few on there so fingers crossed something will crop up. Booked our Camper Van in the afternoon for tomorrow and then had lunch back at the hostel. Uploaded some of my photos and then went to Coles supermarket for some ingredients for dinner before playing Cluedo and Monopoly in Hostel with some Germans.

Day 50, 31/10/11
We picked up our Camper Van at 8am and it is a tiny thing but has everything and looks great fun. It had two seats in the front, then a sofa in the back which opened up into a bed and if you open the boot you then had a sink, a fold out portable table, gas hob, a massive cool box and all your cooking utensils. Underneath the sofa/bed was all your cutlery, plates and another table and 2 camping chairs. Tucked away down the side was all your sleeping equipment (a pillow each, a sheet each and a sleeping bag each). So we were all set to go and I hit the road first as I have been dieing to drive since I got here and this company actually let you drive if you are under 21. I drove to Coles to get all our food for the next 3 days and then Stuart drove to the hostel to pick up our bags. We both had our little drive just to get used to the van as it was a lot bigger than anything we had driven before and driving on Australian roads was even scarier.
We then hit the road to Port Douglas where I drove all the way, then off to Daintree rainforest where Stuart drove and then I drove us onto the Ferry and across the river to Cape Tribulation where we parked up for the night in a lovely camp site. Once you get out of town the roads are very simple, basically one straight road. Driving through the rainforests was amazing.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb