Cape Tribulation


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cape Tribulation
November 17th 2007
Published: November 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

11th Nov - We headed on a tour up to Cape Tribulation, stopping on the way for a trip on a Daintree River cruise to spot some crocs, unfortunately only saw 2 babies so nothing too big and scary, we then had a small rainforest walk which was nice and cooling out of the sun, then next stop out accommodation which was at trhe Ferntree Rainforest Lodge, it was lovely with 2 pools, we were staying in dorms and only had one dorm pal Alain from Switzerland who was never in the room so pretty much had the place to ourselves, we were about 10 mins from the beach so we headed out for a walk once settled in. The beach was lovely but seeing signs for 'Crocodiles recently spotted' had me slightly on edge.

We found the ferntree really dead and Cape Trib overall very quiet, everything shuts about 8pm and you cant get food after that time. PK's Jungle bar stays open till about 12pm.

ON our second day we just went for another walk up to the lookout but being so hot you dont want to trek for far so headed back to the resort to chill by the pool.

On the way home from Cape Trib, we visited Mossman Gorge which is a river which you can swim in but didnt really have the time to take a dip, then onto Port Douglas for half hour before heading back to Cairns for one night.

Doing nothing is very tiring !!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb