Made it to Cairns


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
September 5th 2008
Published: September 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

BuggyBuggyBuggy

Our golf cart adventure in the rain on Hamilton Island.
On 9/3 we had a minor motoring issue. When we were leaving the RV park, we noticed that the audible reverse signal (beep, beep, beep) would not stop, regardless of the fact that we were moving forward. We tried pulling fuses, but we eventually called the rental company and they authorized us to take it to a local shop for service. On the way, Dean tried closing his door tightly and the problem was resolved. So, the reverse signal is the same as the door ajar signal. He sheepishly called the rental company back to simply say that the noise had gone away.

We spent two nights in Airlie Beach. On 9/4 we took a cruise out to a group of islands called the Whitsundays. On Hamilton Island we had a lot of rain but we rented a golf cart to scoot around the ten miles of roads. On Whitsunday Island we went to Whitehaven Beach, which is a beautiful white silica sand beach about 4 miles long. The rain stopped and we enjoyed a stroll, castle building, Frisbee tossing, and just relaxing on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.

9/5 was our last long driving
WhitehavenWhitehavenWhitehaven

The ladies at the beach.
day with the RV. We went about 500 miles or so to Cairns for more Great Barrier Reef adventures. We are going to the Reef tomorrow for snorkeling and diving. Should be fun.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Boats at WhitehavenBoats at Whitehaven
Boats at Whitehaven

Pretty nice place.
Architects in SandArchitects in Sand
Architects in Sand

Our masterpiece.
Dean really is on the tripDean really is on the trip
Dean really is on the trip

The beach in the background helps to make it a decent photo.


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb