Cairns Part 2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
July 21st 2005
Published: July 25th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Undara


After a really nice drive up to the tableands we stopped at the Cathedral Fig Tree, Lake Bareen, Lake Eacham and then headed to Undara, which was a great "outback experience". Because Undara is so far away (4 hours west of Cairns) it was mainly filled with retirees and their campervans who were touring around Australia. Always being last in line for everything (the oldies always get there early), we enjoyed some kangaroo for dinner and toured the lava tubes in the morning. We then successfully avoided the road trains and roadkill (including a huge wild boar) on the way back to Cairns via Kuranda.

Rafting with Raging Thunder


Rafting on the Tully River was jolly spiffing, even under a grey drizzly sky and in the company of irritating 16 year old Americans. We managed to flip the raft over and lost Nic under it for a minute or two. After some searching Dave found a wide eyed Nicola clinging to the side of the raft, coughing water up, and looking a little startled - kind of like a kid caught at the cookie jar.

Unfortunately we don't have any pictures of the day.... we won't bore you with the dubious commercial activities of Raging Thunder, but let's just say we couldn't afford them.

Bring on Tokyo!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb