Tropical North Queensland


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
July 16th 2005
Published: July 16th 2005
Edit Blog Post

It's 28 degrees in the middle of winter, the seas are safe to swim in, and it's not too wet - yup, it's peak tourist season here in Cairns.

In our first couple of days we headed up north to Cape Tribulation with Nakia and Cas. Cas went for a swim at Port Douglas only to discover after that the estuary was croc-infested (hmm, maybe the seas aren't that safe to swim in!). After checking in to PKs resort, we quickly found the beach then the bar. We headed to a couple of nice cold water holes, went ocean kayaking and on a croc cruise on the Daintree River. On the way back we stopped for a refreshing dip at Mossman Gorge.

On Saturday we jumped on board Passions of Paradise and headed out to the reef. On our dive we saw a moray eel, sting ray, and lots of pretty coloured fish of varying shapes and sizes. We then snorkelled over to Upolo Cay, a tiny sand island in the middle of the Coral Sea. On the way back we hit winds of 15 knots and so let the sails down. Although this sounds very idyllic, it caused a few tummies to turn. But that was compensated for by a couple of frollicking humpback whales.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



20th July 2005

Spanking!!!!
hey you two, great that you have one of these website melarkys-will be v cool to see all your piccies and fun! I recognise all those places up in Cape Trib -am so jealous, only seems like yesterday I was there myself! Thanks again for sending me those photos, hope you have a wicked wicked time and keep in touch :) lots of love Row xxx
20th July 2005

Hey
Hey guys, Think it's only right I should be one of the first comments, seeing how I was there when you met! Everything looks awesome, hope you're having a great time! Looking forward to seeing you both when you get back to the not-so-sunny UK! Lots of love, Claire xxx p.s. see Nic - nice and short this time!

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb