RV-ing


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
December 29th 2009
Published: December 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The joys of RV-ing can be incomparably enjoyable or incomparably obnoxious if one does not prepare for it.

RV-ing, or traveling by campervans, is probably the old-new thing to pick up when going on long family vacations. With the economic recession going on, more families are opting long-term vacations that spend for a quarter of what they had usually spent on in the past few years. RV-ing saves you a big chunk on flight tickets and accommodations.

The other bane aside from money matters, is family interest. Most modern kids view vacations as a way for parents to seperate them from their TV, PC or gaming systems. While we have the interest of getting them out of the house (aside from during school times), to avoid them from blowing up because of having been seperated from their gadgets, RV-ing allows you to let them bring a majority of things to keep them entertained, while you bring them to the coup de gras' (aka. the destination).

RV-ing tackles a lot of the vacation hurdles with ease. Food is not an issue, because RV's come equipped with a refrigerator, where everyone can take what they want without getting hit by overpricing restaurants or shops. Stock up in a supermarket next town, and you're ready to travel again.

RV-ing also allows you to bring along your pet, so long as you provide the necessary documentations to prove that your dog has been vaccinated and is safe for inter-border travelling.

Before you go RV-ing cross country, make sure that you are able to provide for your RV if ever it breaks down on the road. Nothing screams more like 'bummer' if the RV breaks down on transit and you're stuck with whining kids, a worried mother and a hyperactive dog in the middle of highway in a sweltering desert.

Before leaving the house, make sure that everything is prepped for long-term vacations. The electricity is running on low, the newspapers and mail is on hiatus, the water system has no problems and the gas lines are closed. So that you can travel with ease in your mind.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb