Brissie/Cairns


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
August 26th 2009
Published: August 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So I've been traveling for less then a week and already been to Brisbane and Cairns. I loved them both, but probably more Brissie. It kinda reminded me of the East Village, it was just a really awesome area where I stayed at (in fortitude valley). Really laid back with an eccentric group of people, cool cafe's and restaurants and a pumpin nightlife. My hostel was awesome, great bar attatched to it where i met a ton of really cool people. Everyone has been outrageously nice and awesome, it kinda makes me reflect on the american attitude a touch, not quite as friendly as the rest of the world i would say. Also Australia has a higher tax system then america so in exchange they have amazing public properties they have access too, both of these cities had awesome lagoons where you can just go and lay out. The one in Brissie was surrounded with street vendors and people just chillin out playing live music. LOVIN IT! Cairns it unique in its own sense, a lot more touristy obviously since its the portal to the great barrier reef. The nightlife is out of control, like full on party party party like its no tomorrow here. Fun but kinda crazy too, I think i enjoyed the more laid back party attitude of Brissie, but don't get me wrong they rock it there till 5 am easy every night as well. Tomorrow i leave to spend two weeks at the biological research station in the cape tribulation/daintree rainforest. Can't wait!!!! Until next time...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb