Palm Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
April 1st 2007
Published: April 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Travel Map from Victoria, B. C., Canada, to Sydney Australia


SFO AirportSFO AirportSFO Airport

Andreas, Rebecca, and Auntie Elaine.

Travel Map from Victoria, B. C., Canada, to Sydney Australia
Josephine Fleetwood
Spending the day at Palm Beach, which is just a bit North of Trinity beach. It is absolutly beautiful here! A lot more touristy than the beach we are staying at, but very nice and family oriented. We stopped and chatted with the life guards about the saltie caught on the inside of the swimming net... they said it was as much as a surprise for them too, especially the size ( 3meters or almost 10 feet.) They said, with a shrug, they rarely get salties that size, they're usually about 1 1/2 meters. That size of saltie would still be a concern for me.

Walked out to the jetty just in time to see a man pull up a tiger shark about 2 1/2 feet long; he through him back. I asked him if he caught a lot of sharks, and he said when he is out in the reef he sees the big ones come up and take the body of his catch! Okay, maybe we don't want to go reef snorkling.

At the end of the jetty there was a man who had made friends with the local osprey; he was hand feeding him.

Okay, going to try again to upload some pics.






Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Warning SignsWarning Signs
Warning Signs

Andreas nervous after reading the warning signs at the beach.


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 26; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb