Cairns


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
May 26th 2018
Published: July 28th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We had to be in Cairns by the 27th May as I had a flight booked but we wanted to be there a few days earlier so we could do the things we wanted to in that area.

Luckily we arrived on the 22nd so we were fine. We arrived late afternoon and the first thing we did was find a trip to the Great Barrier Reef. We found a perfect one; we didn’t want to dive, we were happy to snorkel. We found a boat that went to the Outer Reef and included lunch and other things. We booked it for the Friday.
The day before the reef we spent walking around Cairns and exploring the town. It isn’t the prettiest of places but it has the reef so everyone goes there.



The day of our visit to the Reef arrived. We found parking and headed to the port. We found the boat and once on board were given a stinger suit and took our seats. The trip to the first stop was just over an hour, it was very choppy but we were fine. We arrived at the first area and went snorkelling. We saw so many different fish. We snorkelled for about an hour and a half then went back to the boat for lunch and the journey to the next stop. The second stop was near a sand island which we were able to swim over to and spend some time on. There we swam with a sea turtle.
On the way back to port Laurent got sick and spent most of the journey outside. The experience was amazing. The sea was really cold but swimming through the Great Barrier Reef was brilliant.



We only had two days left now and one of those days had to be a house keeping day. So we decided to go to Daintree Rainforest. We stopped at Daintree Village on the way but there was nothing there. We headed towards Cape Tribulation and started reading on the beach, however it started raining so we went to read in the van. Once it stopped we did a walk. It was another broad walk through the rainforest. We saw a wild Cassowary. On the way back to Cairns we stopped at Port Douglas and walked along the four mile bridge.

Once we got back to Cairns we got some Dominos for dinner and headed to bed.
The next day was the last one. We had so much today - shower, wash our clothes, empty Phil of my stuff and pack. Once this was all done it was time for Dinner. Our last one. We decided to restaurant hop. We started at a Greek and shared pita bread with dip and octopus salad. We then shared Mexican and for dessert we shared waffles with peanut butter and Nutella. It was a delicious dinner and a lovely end to our trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb