Grant and Rae's Oz Trip Feb/Mar 2014


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
March 17th 2014
Published: March 17th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Went to Jimmy's on the Mall (pic 1).......wasn't our Jimmy's, of course! Enjoyed our food, served by a very friendly waitress.

Longish lie, for us, as we have been able to push back our check-out till Midday. Got packed and went out for breakfast downstairs before heading for a bit of sightseeing.......ring buying........lost my wedding ring a few years ago and thought that was about it was replaced, especially to since we celebrated 40 years of wedded bliss a few months ago.

Took a pic of a hybrid church/tall building.....think that was St. Andrew's Uniting Church.....I like the sound of the philosophy (pic 2). After that we popped into a few jewellers before I found a ring that I liked - only problem being that it was a bit big. Still, with the wonder of technology and a skilful jeweller, they said that could "compress" it within a couple of hours. We then back to the hotel to check out......

.......and, then staying with the church theme we went to St. John's, the Anglican Cathedral (pic 3) where I meditated in the labyrinth and admired the stain glass windows before going for another wander, punctuated by a brief sit down in Post Office Square, on a deck chair - the Aussies have this great idea of providing a variety of mobile seating to be enjoyed by all in public spaces. Continued down to Old Government House on the Queensland University campus (pic 4 and 5) where we had a bite to eat in a student cafe - we were very mature students!

Headed back to collect the ring via George St. and the Treasury Building (pic 6).

The ring fits.......that was lucky. So I'm married again (same old wife, though.......but she is very tolerant - got to say that as she'll no doubt read this).

Back at the hotel now, waiting on the shuttle bus for the airport..........looking forward to an overnight flight and arriving in Dubai at 06.00 tomorrow morning - not!

Will let you know how it goes tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb