Grant and Rae's Oz Trip Feb/Mar 2014


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
March 16th 2014
Published: March 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

It was a bit noisy last night!

Went to mass in St. Stephen's.......and got chosen to take the bread and wine up! Interestingly, the readings were about the journey of Abraham.

Took some pics in Anzac Square where the War Memorial is (pic 1) before coming back for breakfast.

We took the bus up to the Brisbane Botanic Gardens ( as opposed to the City ones) near Mount Coot-tha (pics 2, 3) where there was a tropical dome, Cactus House among lots of other stuff. Got the local service bus again up to the Mount Coot-tha lookout (pic 4), where we had a snack lunch.......a small (?!?) bowl of potato wedges. The bus was a bit late arriving for the return journey and we looked to keep out of the sun (another hot, sunny day on the Sunshine Coast).

Once back in the city, we headed across one of several bridges to the South Bank where you have the State Library, the Performing Arts Centre (The King and I was on)...........and a(n artificial) beach and various swimming pools! Really well done but obviously very busy at the weekend (pics 5, 6).

Have booked the shuttle bus for tomorrow evening........Dubai here we come.

Last big meal in Oz tonight.......might head for Jimmy's on the Mall!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.273s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 47; dbt: 0.2253s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb