The Bundeburg Wanderer Returns


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
February 5th 2013
Published: February 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today I was working on a grasslands project I have been given. Researching and pulling information together about the different a) native and b) commercial grass species that are grown in the different bioregions on Queensland. This is proving quite a challenge, and drawing information from lots of different sources and trying to piece it together with my own knowledge to understand how it all fits. I really got stuck into this today and starting to make some head way, I found the best way to tackle it was to ascertain the climate, geology, rainfall, and sediment types for each of the 12 bioregions first, then research the grass species – native and commercial, then match the grass species habitat and conditions to the correct bioregion – then do some research to make sure its correct.

Rowena was very excited all day as Matt was coming home from Bundeburg, so she left work early to go and pick him up. As it was Matt’s birthday whilst he was away, Rowena had decided to make this evening his honorary birthday, so when I got home she was making a big lasagne, and I made some garlic and rosemary bread to accompany it – scraping at my memory banks of making bread at school and how to knead and how long for! Dinner was delicious, though we were very full and unable to manage the apple crumble that was lined up for desert!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0628s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb