Chroma Time


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
January 8th 2013
Published: January 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Kate's Dinner :) Kate's Dinner :) Kate's Dinner :)

Sardines, Kale and courgettes
Well after all yesterday’s sport and fresh air I slept very well. This morning we were actually running the chroma experiment, filling a specialised chroma box (soild wood box with glass lids to lift up and areas to slide in water underneath) with hot water to make the box environment very humid, pouring the soil solutions into petre dishes, making little wicks and then letting the prepared chroma paper absorb the soil solution. In all, with regular hot water top-ups to maintain the humidity this took around an hour. Then the chroma paper went back in the box to dry.

The rest of the day was spent preparing some more soil samples, proof reading documents and writing sections for documents.

Tuesday evening is Rowena and I’s girly evening, so when we got in we painted more of the chicken coop – this is going to be the best painted coop in the country at this rate! Once it had cooled down, around 6pm we went for a nice long walk. Had a chilled eve, put a girly chick flick film on and painted our nails. Had a quick skype session with dad just before I went to bed which was lovely and then hit the hay!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb