Back to work!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
December 21st 2012
Published: December 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Instead of a day of sight-seeing, this morning I headed into work with Rowena to familiarise myself with where I will be working for the next month.

The owner Luke, operates the business from his garage, and doesn’t live too far away which is handy, 30min walk or a quick cycle. It’s a very small company with just Luke, Rowena and Jay working there, and the office was a little cluttered – apparently this is something Rowena and Jay have wanted to tackle for a while! So after a morning of reading documents and getting sorted, after lunch Rowena and I made a filing system, sorted through the whole office, recycling, throwing away and ebaying necessary items and then cleaned the whole office. So quite a productive day all in all.

As we started at 7.30am (working hours are completely flexible, and most people in Oz start early) we were heading home at 3.30pm. I could definitely get used to this, especially as I am up at 5am for a run anyway.

Matt picked us up as we stopped by the bottle store to get some alcohol for Christmas and the weekends parties, $86 dollars later we exited the store J

As it was the 21/12/12 – the ‘end of the world’ for the Mayian people, Luke was holding an end of the world party. The three of us headed back over there, and had an evening chatting to people and sampling some of the homemade pizza cooked in Luke’s outdoor pizza oven. We didn’t get home until around 2am so I was rather excited so climb into bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.064s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb