Australia 'Wicked journey part 1"


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
October 6th 2010
Published: October 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


A month of no updates deserves a monster download of photos from our 36 days of travelling nearly 8000kms through New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia,back through NSW and finishing in Queensland the "sunshine state".The driving was difficult at first trying to get used to under-taking and the Sex Pistol as we discovered later on.First as beginnerswe had to learn the hard way of where to camp/pitch . 24hr shopping centre carparks to industrial estates then beautiful National Parks and coastlines on the other end of the spectrumWe started in Sydney then headed south on the Princes Highway heading to our turn about point in Adelaide passing along the Great Ocean Road and bypassing Melbourne,just. From Adelaide we travelled north to Broken Hill, a very long straight stretch of the journey entering the "outback" for the first time. We should mention by this time we had experienced weather variations such as frosts for two days, wind storms and torrential rain which was flooding the roads,luckily we were a day ahead of the flooding but it didn't stop it creeping in to the Pistol. The outback warmed us up a bit, but before heading north east to Queensland we tried Fossicking for Gold in Uralla and got wet and cold! We didn't find any gold but we did find Sapphires in Sapphire,getting them cut soon. We've been meeting some great people, mostly "Grey Nomads" we're not far off! There are people travelling everywhere of all ages and for all reasons.Its been a very social lifestyle, they all stick together and help each other with tips and stories. Its such a vast country, driving 200 to 300 km a day, you see changes in people/towns and habitat/weather. They have national parks everywhere which we tried to stay (if we could get in as they required booking or a 4x4 foroffroad which we did at Carnarvan NP)Everybody has Scottish roots,no more so than the town of Maclean,every telegraph pole has a tartan and we found ours! There are stories for all the photos but these will be for another time,at least it gives you an idea of where we've been.


Additional photos below
Photos: 183, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



8th October 2010

Photo's.
Great to get an update of your travels,brilliant photo's keep them coming
9th October 2010
Us in the Warrumbungle NP

Rare sightling of Scott
For a while there I thought Lynn was away by herself, but no, there you are! Have Fun.
12th October 2010

hello at last. Looks as if you are having a great trip. Your photos are great and we love looking at them. Nice to see Lynn in the driving seat! Liked the roo and the emus We are both well. Its getting cold here now and half the leaves have fallen. I hope you get drier weather soon, but I expect you get allsorts with the miles you drive. Super pics and the narrative is not bad either. Take care, with lots of love to you both, mum and dad
17th October 2010

Hello
Hi. I wish I could go to Australia.You are sooooooo LUCKY!!! The photos are brill. see ya bye from ella
17th October 2010
Maclean Town,NSW

Is this for real?
Great Telegraph POle. Took me a couple of views before I picked it out. C

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 8; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0591s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb