Ubud


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Ubud
August 28th 2010
Published: August 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Ducks that wake you are a pleasant way to rise and shine. Hundreds of them feeding on the havested rice paddies which helps the farmers by churning up the clay and nutrifying it for the next planting. Apart from quacking, pigeons,the stream ,cockerals and kites(the ones you fly) humming there's not a lot of noise at the Puri Bayu Guesthouse. Its tucked away down a narrow lane on the outskirt of Ubud. The owner Dewi really looked after us well. Brandy her dog could be heard approaching as he had a wee bell around his neck. The breakfasts were amazing,green pancakes made from a secret recipe and jaffle which is a type of toasty.In all we had about 6 different breakies in our 10 day stay. The Ubud area is great for cycling and walking. There are lots of single tracks that skirt around the rice paddies, but very easy to get lost which we seem to be doing alot of recently. We walked most days,didn't hire a scooter this time ,getting alot of exercise compared to Lombok. The locals are very hard working, carrying all sorts, for example bricks on their heads all day for 4 pounds!The woman seem to be doing most of the hard labour here and the men just sit about asking the tourists if they need a Taxi! The town had many art galleries and a large market which was great fun but careful not to start bargaining as this means you're committed to buy! The architecture in the Palace and surrounding Temples(Puri) were great and there was mostly always "Gamelan" music being played.


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



30th August 2010

Picture
You have very good pictures here... Thanks for sharing
2nd September 2010

Is your bed nice? The dogs look cute and so do the monkeys. We have got a puppy called Jess now. We got her at a open farm.
2nd September 2010

Very envious of you both. The photos are stunning. We are all well and back to school/work with all thoughts of hols behind us. Cannot believe how quickly your trip seems to be going . You will be home before we know. Have a great time in Australia.

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.073s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb