My First Aussie Barbie (that's BBQ - not the skinny plastic doll)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
September 19th 2010
Published: September 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today Jodi and I headed into Brisbane City, and had a great day seeing the sights!

We first got ourselves a nice coffee, more for warmth than caffeine! It was a bit of a cool dreary day, but that wasn't going to deter us! Also, for all of those coffee drinkers out there, normal coffee doesn't seem to exist here... it's all expresso and latte's etc! So it's definitely a nice treat when you get one!

We wandered around the city for a bit, through a market (although nothing particularly Aussie) and down along the river. They have great walking pathways all along the river, so it makes for a great walk. We wandered down around the Story Bridge, and along a floating concrete walkway! You barely recognized it was floating until one of the 'City Cat' Ferries went by, and then it started to waver a bit.

We walked up to 'New Farm Park' which is a huge, fantastic, park full of rose gardents, picnic-ing families and greenspace. Gorgeous, huge roses, just at their peak.

We took the 'City Cat' ferry up and down the Brisbane river, and saw Bris by water!

Then, the main event of the day - we headed to a BBQ at Jodi's friends house. She has a wonderful group of friends, and I really enjoyed myself and a friendly game of Wii! Much discussion was had around the dinner table of where everyone would recommend I travel while in Australia, and some sounded so interesting that everyone wants to participate! Some ideas that were thrown around were; Uluru (Ayer's Rock), camping at Fraser Island, Great Barrier Reef, Sydney, Melbourne, Great Ocean Road, Daintree, Cairns, Darwin, Broome, and many more! However, unless I win the Lotto, I'll have to choose my favs and go from there!




Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb