Brisbane - Home of the.... Gourmet Pizza?!?


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
October 8th 2008
Published: October 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

The Pizza Route


G'day bloggites and thank you for your comments thus far - glad that you are enjoying my travel commentary thus far and apologies for the erraticity of them over the past few days... the pom has been having problems with his connections - must have been the humidity.

Today has been an uneventful day mainly spent travelling to Brisbane aka Brissie, Brissol, or BrisVegas. The journey to the airport was much better then heading up as a beautiful spring's day allowed us uninterrupted views of the coastline past Palm Cove and onto Cairns International Airport. At the moment this airport is more like a building site, as they prepare themselves for more international flights and visitors so not a lot to do!

And so the call to the flight was made and a stampede thus ensued so that those with the massive wheely (i can't and I won't check them in brigade) case battle for space on the plane ensued. Always interesting to see the last ones on with the biggest cases that just wont fit anywhere.

There was a nervous angst in the air, following the mornings news of a similar plane having hit "turbulence" and the subsequent injuries caused, and it would appear everyones seat belt was just that little bit more tightly fastened for the trip! Bob and Carol next to me introduced themselves and we discussed our travels. They were heading back to NZ, and were interested in where I had been and why. And then we landed - that was a fast and uneventful journey.

And so to Justine's where I was to stay - and I have to say it was great not to be in a hotel - but a lovely house complete with swimming pool! Yay!

A drive round Manly (shared with Sydney - the team that won the Aussie Rugby League on Sunday - much to Melbourne's disappointment) which is a fantastic harbour town - it was mens racing afternoon on the harbour and the flotilla of sailing boats was quite spectacular. Time had passed me by and it was now 6.30pm and getting dark time to head back to Justines for a stubby. And here I was introduced to a fantastic beer called the Bee's Knee's (I'm surprised it wasn't called the DB's) a fine and superior ale.

Dinner was introduced, a gourmet pizza kitchen and boy were they good - better than any pizza I have tasted! Tummy satisified it was time to chill watch some TV and let the mossies have a good old snack on me!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb