Brisbane


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
April 16th 2007
Published: April 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey all,

I am now in Brisbane staying at the tinbilly hostel which is pretty central in the city which is great. There seems to be 7-elevens and subways everywhere!

Mike from uni has been staying out here for a while so we met up with him the first evening had dinner, and went out for some drinks. The second day me, kate and sar went on the City Cat, which is a catamaran that goes up and down the river that runs through the city. It was an awesome way to see the city and we got off at south bank where there is a 'street beach' - basically a large swimming pool with a manmade beach and lots of stalls and cafe's - it was a really nice place to relax for the afternoon.

Yesterday was our 3rd day and we went to Australia Zoo - which was home of the crocodile hunter Steve Irwin. It was a wicked day i loved it, different to other zoos. We walked through the kangaroo enclosure where you could just go up feed and stroke the kangaroos - they are funny animals! Then we briefly saw the elephants which were just walking passed down the road, the tigers which had the keepers in with them. Then we moved on to the koala's where they had one on a short tree and i went up and stroked him - he was so cute and felt like wool - I have decided i want one i might smuggle one back in my backpack. We then went to see the main show where Bindi (Steves daughter) was performing her dances and Terry (Steves wife) was showing us the crocodiles - we saw one do a death roll which was pretty amazing. We also saw different birds, and snakes in the show. Then we walked around some more and saw the wombats (i want one of them too - so cute!), there were huge tortoises and i mean HUGE! There were dingoes, an emu that growled at us, cassowary bird, camel, Echidnas (strange looking animals), and tasmanian devils.
It was a really cool day!

Today we are just having a chill out day, taking it easier, might have a walk around town later. Then tomorrow we are moving on to surfers paradise.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Bindi Bindi
Bindi

Bindi performing her dances
BirdBird
Bird

They let birds fly around the stadium
Koala 2Koala 2
Koala 2

A Koala and its awake for once
WombatWombat
Wombat

I want one!


17th April 2007

Debbie does Brisbane
G'day, Glad to hear your enjoying my homeland that is the marverlous Aus! I'm loving all the pics you have put up lately, they are bonza! You really should pop down to the Bay of Summer, it's top. Sally says Hi and so does Pippa. See ya later you flamin' mongrels
21st April 2007

What are you like!
I do not which of you wrote this (Lia, Claire, Aled, Dave, Arwyn!) but What are you like!!!
24th April 2007

blatantly claire!
my money is on claire! btw... the wombat is HILARIOUS! made me crack up!

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0634s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb