Brisvegas and the mighty Montgomery's


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
January 9th 2007
Published: January 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After the mammoth road trip we returned to Brisbane and to Ed and Liz's house, Brian's mum's sister.
They have this fantastic house on 5 acres of land outside the city. Ed is a Glasgow man and has a wee bar with a huge projector screen TV system. Classic stuff! We had a lovely dinner and a few delicious cocktails! Across the road from their house were the most beautiful horses. I was beginning to wonder could this be the life for me, out in the country side, loads of land around, dogs, horses and a bar kitted with the latest technology and well stocked! Might not be too shabby for our lou at all I think! Brian was in his element! He loved it! We chilled the next day (in other words I got a bit of knitting done and Brian watched the cricket! Cricket, God thats another story altogether, thats all I've got since I got here, Brian watching days of cricket! But sure I digress, I might come back to that later). That night we went out for a lovely meal with Ed and Liz who are as sound as a pound.
We spent the next day in the city at Storms gaff, and hit the tiles and went out clubbing that night! We had a great night. Brisbane has loads of clubs and the nightlife seems to be buzzing.
Next day we took the train down to the Gold Coast to visit Brian's other aunty, Eleanor (Another of the Montgomery girls). We had a ball down with Eleanor and Shayne. Drink again was taken and the guitar was out and so beginnith the repetoir of "Oh do ye know this one?"
Next day Brain got to meet loads of cousins he had never met before, which was very very cool. We also played garden bowls for the first time...don't knock it till you've tried it, good stuff those bowls!
We had a wonder round Brisbane when we were back up at Storm's house. It wasn't dramatically waoo oh my God this place rocks, it was cool in some ways, like the ferry bus, so ye can go into the city on a boat. But over all it seemed to be lacking a single strinking thing that lets it stand out as a waoo factor city, a nearly, but not quite there yet, try to be, Melbourne.
That being said you could live very comfortably there and have a great life I reckon!

We arrived back in Perth EXHAUSTED! We had been on the, pretty much, constent go for 10 days and wanted nothing other than to rest. We felt like, ok, we've seen enough and done enough. Derek and May picked us up at the airport and said "So tomorrow is Derek's birthday, we are going to the vineyards for winetasting and then out for lunch!" Here's me wha'? here's me Shit!

P.S Our pics for this part of the trip have sadly vanished into computer heaven so THERE!!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb