Week 1 in Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Moreton Bay
August 30th 2012
Published: September 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I stepped out of the Brisbane airport taking my first step on Australian soil. As I went to get on the bus the door seemed to be on the wrong side of the automobile. It was then I remembered how in Australia you drive on the other side of the street, a phenomenon I a never witnessed first hand before. On the drive to Moreton Bay I couldnt help but notice all the store along the way that we have back in the states. I almost felt as if I was in Florida and not Australia. Once we arrived on the island after the eo minute ferry ride we went start to the Moreton Bay research station, the palce were we would all be living for the next five days. THe rooms were extremely small, four people to a room ( 8 people to a bathroom, not cool) with no place to put our luggage so it went all around the room making it an obstacle to get anywhere. We spent the first day on Cylinder Beach. It was so nice just spending the whole day relaxing on the beach making snadcastles,swimming, seeing dolphins, and getting to no everybody. Throughout the coarse of hte week we started a couple of classes and visited a number of sites on the island such as Brown Lake, the mudflats( tidal poolsand shallow waters near the shore full of interesting organisms), a historical muesum of the island, and lookout point. ( a fmaous place for seeing Humpback Whales)


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb