Dolphin Feeding


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Moreton Bay
August 15th 2008
Published: August 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Finally have some internet connection, so doing another blog already!!

We have been back to Brisbane, and it’s strange to think that we were here 5 weeks ago (we have been away for 6wks now!) It also felt that it was the first bit of 'real' life in 5 weeks. Everywhere else we have been has been so small, and usually only made bigger due to the tourism. But the towns have always felt a step away from reality? Maybe it’s just the campsite life, which is 95% blue rinses!

Anyway, after a bit of shopping we met up with Jenni and Steve for another catch up. We had a lovely night and a bottle or two of wine! They have a lovely apartment in a great location and it’s easy to see why they love it here. (Don’t worry mum, I'm still not tempted to stay!)

After an early get up we head off on a boat up to Moreton Island, we have booked a night in the hotel (yippee!) on the only resort on the island famous for the wild dolphins that come right up to the shore. Coincidently, Jen and Steve are also staying here, which they booked ages ago!

The place, called Tangalooma is beautiful, although this 'freak' cold spell seems to be following us, so it’s quite cold on the beach. But the point of the stay is to feed the dolphins, which arrive at sunset - by which time the sea is quite rough and very cold. So we decided, it probably wasn't best for the kids to go in. However after watching for a while, they both decide they want to have a go! So at 7pm in the evening, Steve and the kids head into a rather wild sea to feed the dolphins - and they loved it!

Today we are going on another Whale watching trip after we had such an amazing time before.

Happy Birthday to Adam, Pa/Grandpa and Jenni - have a fantastic day!

Missing you all loads

xxxxxxxx


Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1205s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb