Day 21


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Kangaroo Point
December 20th 2015
Published: December 20th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 21
I woke up at 7 and his knibbs at 8:15 (that rarely happens!) we got up packed our stuff away ready to leave the Eco Lodge and the glasshouse mountains!
We discovered during our stay there we can donate/plant a tree so we decided that we wanted to do that! We met Keith the owner at 10 and went to collect our little tree!
We then walked out into the grounds of the ecolodge to plant it! We then left a message in the tree planting book and our donation and went on our way!
We arrived in Brisbane at 12:30 but the hotel wouldn't let us check in until 2 so we were a little bemused as to what to do! We drove round a bit and stumbled across "Streets Beach" which is like a beach and pool type place band in the centre of town! They also had a Christmas market there, big London eye type wheel and are doing cinema screenings on the big screen at the beach!
Hubster had a huge bratwurst hotdog to munch on for his lunch! Then went and sat on the riverbank for Sunday Seasions which is where local bands play their stuff for free I guess to get noticed! Was very nice!
At 4:30ish we returned to the hotel and checked, in we lounged about for a bit then thought we could go into the other side of town for dinner! Big mistake, the whole place was rammed. No tables in any restaurants so we returned to the hotel and had dinner here! After all that faff we decided we would do the cinema and fireworks tomorrow (but have just looked at the times for our trip and may not make it back in time 😞( )
We are currently sat in bed watching tonight's fireworks over the street beach and the Christmas lights on the bridge!
Feeling very tired so bed soon me thinks!
Nunite xx



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0658s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb