BRISBANE/SUNSHINE COAST


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Fortitude Valley
June 22nd 2015
Published: June 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

SUMMER AND MOLLYSUMMER AND MOLLYSUMMER AND MOLLY

The little entertainers they are!
Had a small getaway for 6 days, mainly to see John's Mum Von and catch up with a few friends and family. Arrived on Wednesday and picked up our hire car, rained virtually all day. Headed straight to Nambour to see Von and catch up with doctor and case manager etc. Von is still in Sundale Nursing Home and being looked after beautifully - frail and fading but still hasn't lost her sense of humor. Stayed with our cousins Lindsay and Gaye, was lovely to come home each day and relax and hang out with them. Had a couple of nights with our niece Shelley and her husband Dean and their children Summer and Molly - so nice to see where they are living now in North Lakes and also to see their new business venture "Thirsty Chiefs" a micro brewery which should be up and running in the next few weeks, so if anyone knows people who live up that and want to brew beer - give them a call and check it out. Managed to fit in a brunch with our niece and nephew whilst in Nambour.

Had our last 2 days in Brisbane and stayed at the
TRYP BRISBANETRYP BRISBANETRYP BRISBANE

Rooftop bar
new Tryp Hotel in Fortitude Valley - a very funky place - we thoroughly enjoyed staying there as it was very close to bars and restaurants and a nice walk down to the Brisbane river and to the city centre. The Tryp had a rooftop bar which looked out over the Storey Bridge - nice spot for pre dinner drinks. Chur Burger Brisbane is also situated in the foyer of the hotel which is a great burger place. Caught up with our old friends Sandy and also Ivan and Renate which was lovely seeing them all again - the hours go so quickly as there is always so much to catch up on. James Street had so many nice restaurants and bars - we didn't have time to try them all out! Last day took the City Cat around the river in Brisbane and then had a long walk back to our hotel. Brisbane really is such a pretty city and we loved staying in Fortitude Valley.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

ENTRANCE TO ROOFTOP BARENTRANCE TO ROOFTOP BAR
ENTRANCE TO ROOFTOP BAR

Street art everywhere even in lift well!
BRISBANEBRISBANE
BRISBANE

Lots of lovely walks
BRISBANE CITY CATBRISBANE CITY CAT
BRISBANE CITY CAT

Lots to see along the river
FORTITUDE VALLEYFORTITUDE VALLEY
FORTITUDE VALLEY

Great spot!
TRYPTRYP
TRYP

Street art
MECCA BAHMECCA BAH
MECCA BAH

Last nights dinner!


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb